The Senior Industrial Development Manager is responsible for leading the real estate development
process while overseeing the entitlements/approvals, design, and construction of new build-to-suit,
spec, and major renovation projects for key industrial tenants. Candidate will report to VP of
Development and Construction but will also collaboratively work with Alterra’s collective industrial
Acquisitions and Legal Teams. The position will require travel at times estimated to be 3-5 days a month
with some overnight stays. The amount of monthly travel may fluctuate, however, depending on
workload, project geography, development schedule milestones, etc.
Essential Functions of this Role:
- Play a key role in the execution of Alterra’s development and construction projects with a focus
on its rapidly growing industrial portfolio.
- Oversee various site due diligence items leading up to land acquisition.
- Build robust national network of design and construction professionals.
- Ensure timely obtainment of any and all required project permitting and approvals.
- Review Drawings, Specs, and other Project Documents – Familiarization of all project
documents will be key.
- Source, vet, and efficiently manage CM/GC as well as various trades/subcontractors when
necessary performing improvements via negotiated award and competitive bidding as
- Assist in material procurement strategies mitigating exposure to commodity volatility,
availability, and risk.
- Responsibly manage design teams in producing key project deliverables.
- Contract administration to ensure all contractual obligations are realized.
- Development, implementation, and management of Project Schedule
- Develop project budgets in coordination with Acquisition Team using historical cost indexing
and experience to support underwriting and business objectives.
- Maximize efficiencies and efficacy within the Project Team while interfacing with key team
members (architect, contractor/subcontractors, subconsultants, vendors, etc.)
- Anticipate and mitigate risks that arise during project execution phase.
- Produce project specific reports in accordance with project demands and milestones.
- Perform project cost control/management tracking all committed, pending, and anticipated
cost events while maintaining project budget as well as budget development.
- Help ensure highest and best value is realized from design and construction professionals.
- Review monthly pay apps to ensure all costs are fully substantiated and supported.
- Ensure excellence in delivered product by ensuring conformance to project documents, Owner
standards and branding.
- 5+ years in real estate development and construction/project management
- Computer/software skills: Microsoft Excel, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite: including Word,
Excel, Outlook, and Project
- Strong written and verbal communication
- BA/BS in construction management, engineering, or similar required
- Detail Oriented, analytical and computer literate
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment
- All of your Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.