The Alterra Property Group Real Estate Accountants are the backbone of our business. They providing essential accounting services and support to the property management and acquisition teams, while maintaining a high quality reporting environment for our investors, lenders, peers and partners. Alterra Property Group offers competitive compensation and benefits.
As a Real Estate Accountant you will be entrusted to maintain the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers to ensure accuracy and consistency in reporting and recognition in a multi-entity fast paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare, review and research accounts payable invoices to ensure accurate recording and timely payment
- Assist in annual audit and tax return preparation.
- Monthly review of trial balance/general ledgers including expenses, rental income, security deposits, and advanced income as required. Analyze period to period variances for accuracy. Research, identify and recommend solutions to problems found in analysis.
- Prepare and record journal entries needed and maintain line account reconciliations and side-schedules within work-papers
- Prepare tenant annual common area expense reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of annual property operating budgets
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reporting packages to investors in faced paced multi-entity environment.
- Address questions and/or complete special projects as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Accounting from a four-year College or University with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required
- 2 to 5 years of prior accounting experience
- CPA Designation / or working towards preferred
- Property Management accounting and/or Yardi experience a plus/preferred
- Team player with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel