Alterra Property group is looking to hire an acquisitions analyst/associate to join its Industrial Outdoor Storage team. The Acquisitions Analyst will report to the VP of Acquisitions but will also work collaboratively with Alterra’s collective industrial Acquisitions and Legal Teams, Senior Developers and investment teams in the underwriting, due diligence and modeling for new acquisitions and developments as well as asset management of existing assets.
- Deal execution from start to finish, including deal screening, underwriting / modeling, managing broker and seller relationships, LOI / PSA negotiations.
- Financial and real estate due diligence, financing, fundraising, closing, and property onboarding.
- Providing financial analysis relevant for the financing, acquisition, marketing, and leasing of properties.
- Providing market analysis considering economic conditions, micro and macro factors, and market trends and their financial implications.
- Evaluation of a tenant’s credit worthiness, as well as assist in negotiating lease and mortgage contracts and coordinating loans.
- Maintaining and running financial models on existing assets and/or acquisitions, utilizing financial tools such as Argus and DCF.
- Creating sophisticated analyses for tracking and reviewing returns and performance on Asset and Fund levels.
- Consolidate, analyze, and model financial data, including budget analysis and income statement forecasting.
- Updating and completing various investor reports, including financial snapshots and qualitative summaries.
- Evaluating research data and producing real time valuation.
- Minimum of 1 year of training in commercial real estate finance or investment with 2+ years preferred
- Computer/software skills: Microsoft Excel, Argus Enterprise, Microsoft Office Suite: including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Strong written and verbal communication
- BA/BS in finance, preferably real estate
- Strong Analytical skills, attention to detail, and organization
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment
*Please include a few bullet points on why this opportunity seems exciting to you and why you think you would be a good fit*
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.